IMPERIAL — Pre sale ticket prices for the 112th California Mid-Winter Fair and Fiesta are good through Feb. 27.
The 10-day run of the fair is Feb. 28 through March 8 at the Imperial Fairgrounds. This year’s theme is “2020: Farm to Ferris Wheel.”
Pre sale prices are $8 for adults, $6 children and seniors. WOW Coupons redeemable for carnival rides any one day of the fair are $25. Family Value Packs are $70. The family packs include two adult, two child admissions, two carnival wristband coupons, $90 in other coupons and two adult and two child admissions to the 2020 San Diego County Fair.
Pre sale locations include all Valley Mechanics Bank branches, El Centro Sonic Burger and the fair box office in Imperial.
The fair kicks off Feb. 28 with Military and Senior Citizen Appreciation Day. Admission is free to all military personnel and veterans along with one guest. Proper identification is required.
Among this year’s highlights include:
- Five motor vehicle events, including a monster truck exhibition Feb. 28, and flat track and track and trail motorcycle racing events Feb. 29 and March 1, a demolition derby March 4, lightning sprint and dwarf car racing March 7 and 8, and the Heritage 500 jalopy race March 8.
- Three Día De La Familia concerts March 1: Los Originales de la Baja, Pancho Felix and La Nueva Adiccion.
- Concerts on the Mechanics Bank Center Stage will include a Hot August Nights — a Neil Diamond Tribute on Feb. 28; Checker’d Past, Feb. 29; Garth Guy, a tribute to Garth Brooks, and Left of Centre, March 4; an Elton John tribute, March 5; Noise Pollution, a tribute to AC/DC, March 6, and Anthem Road, March 7. There also will be several other local acts throughout the 10 days of the fair.
- High School Madness, March 2, in the grandstands
- Craft beer festival March 3.
Junior livestock events throughout the 10 days.
This story is featured in the Feb 06, 2020 e-Edition.